Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My gramma

So yesterday my gramma died, or I should say went to be with my grampa in heaven. She also has a son there and all her family. I am going to miss her so much, she was a huge part of my growing up. They only loved 2 blocks from us, so we were at their house almost as much as ours. She taught me to cook and clean in 4-H, let us iron hankies and pillowcases for a nickel ( which we promptly afterward marched straight to the local little grocery store and bought jolly rancher sticks or chic-o-sticks!!). She would be 88 yrs old this coming up march, so she lived a long happy life. Gram was 16 when she got married! It's amazing how times have changed, she had 4 successful pregnancies and 1 miscarriage, my mom was the only girl, third in line. My mom and the youngest uncle mike were extremely close growing up, he sadly passed from cancer about 20 yrs ago. My mom is having a hard time, her and my gram talked daily and were extremely close, specially being the only girl, she was able to spend these last 2 weeks at her bedside and was there when she took her last breath. I am glad my gramma is not in pain anymore but still so sad to not have her around. May she rest in peace and be an angel on earth

3 comments:

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of Your Gramma, such a difficult thing to lose Family that is so Near & Dear to Our Hearts..... I also wanted to stop by & say Hello to Thank you for joining in the Fun.... Loved the story how you came to your blog name, I think this is going to be a great time learning all about Blogging friends we know & follow.... Love your profile doll & the doll a few posts down ~ are these Your Wonderful Creations? They are so Sweet ~ Have a wonderful day.
Cheryl

just me said...

Thanks so much Cheryl, she was a great gramma. I did make the dolls, profile was for a doll swap and paperclay one was for the ADO Alice challenge open to anyone. Fun!

fairyrocks said...

I had to drop by and read about your Grandma. Hugs for you today. Almost a year now. I hope you are all living in good health and with the bitter sweet memories of those who have passed. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you were there.